Diocese of Oxford
Parish Child Protection Policy Statement
Parish of St John's, Lacey Green
The following policy was agreed at the PCC meeting held on the 4th December 2012
- We are committed to implementing the House of Bishop's Child Protection Policy Protecting All God's Children, and the Diocesan prcedures, both of which are based on the Childrens Act 1989, and the Home Office Guidance Safe from Harm.
- We are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of the children within our church community.
- We will carefully select and train those who work with children and young people, paid or unpaid, using the Criminal Records Bureau to check the background of each person.
- We have advised the Diocese which Registered Body we use to process applications for Criminal Records Bureau Disclosures, which is the Churches Agency on Safeguarding.
- We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Children's Adviser if we receive a Disclosure that is 'blemished' or 'positive'.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- We will fully cooperate with statutory agencies during any investigation they make into allegations concerning a member of the church community.
- We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult who has suffered abuse.
- We will review this policy annually and check that all procedures are up to date
Our Child Protection Representative is:
Mr Norman Critchell
The Vicarage, Church Lane, Lacey Green, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire HP27 0QX
Telephone: 01844 347741
(Update: 15 May 2013 - when Norman and Denise leave us in July the post of Child Protection Representative will pass to Charlotte Burton)